- Terms & Conditions
- General Policy Guidelines
THE GM MOBILITY PROGRAM OFFERS CUSTOMERS A REIMBURSEMENT OF
UP TO $1,000 (UP TO $1,200 FOR CHEVROLET EXPRESS).
FOR AN AMOUNT MATCHING THE ACTUAL COST OF ELIGIBLE ADAPTIVE MOBILITY EQUIPMENT. IN ADDITION, 2012 AND 2013 NEW GM VEHICLE* CUSTOMERS WHO RECEIVE GM MOBILITY REIMBURSEMENT WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR TWO ADDITIONAL YEARS OF ONSTAR SERVICE AT NO ADDITIONAL COST.
How GM Mobility Can Help
We want to make it easy and safe for people with special needs (and those who care for them) to travel and find helpful information about adapting their vehicles with mobility products.
The subjects below serve as helpful categories to guide you through the site and find the information you need quickly. Click on each category link for more details.
Before Shopping for a Mobility Vehicle
Contact Your State Driver-Licensing Agency
In most states, a person is required to report a change in their medical status to the state driver-licensing agency. A medical review may be conducted. In many cases, driving privileges may be retained without restrictions. For more information, visit dmv.org.1
Find a GM Mobility Vehicle
Here are a few things to take into consideration when making your vehicle selection:
? The kind of driving you do ? highway, city, long or short trips.
? The amount of vehicle space needed for your aftermarket mobility equipment.
? Any additional cargo you may carry.
? The needs of your family members and friends.
Adapt Your Vehicle with Mobility Products
To qualify for GM Mobility Reimbursement, eligible aftermarket mobility equipment must be:
? Permanently installed in the vehicle.
? Installed for a driver or passenger with a permanent disability.
? Purchased from and installed by a licensed equipment installer.
Through the GM Mobility Reimbursement Program, new vehicle purchasers/lessees who install eligible adaptive mobility equipment on their new Chevrolet, Buick or GMC vehicles can receive up to a $1,0001 reimbursement for the cost of the equipment.
**TRAILER HITCHES ARE NOT REIMBURSABLE
- Eligible models/required options/order types and allowances
- ELIGIBLE MODELS:
- ALL NEW AND UNUSED 2012 and 13 MODEL YEAR EXPRESS & SAVANA VAN MODELS
- ALL NEW AND UNUSED 2012 AND 2013 MODEL YEAR BUICK, CHEVROLET AND GMC PASSENGER CARS AND LIGHT AND MEDIUM DUTY TRUCKS
**EXCLUDING CHEVROLET VOLT AND W-SERIES MEDIUM DUTY MODELS**
- ALLOWANCE: UP TO $1,000 MAXIMUM REIMBURSEMENT PER ELIGIBLE VEHICLE UP TO $1,200 MAXIMUM REIMBURSEMENT PER ELIGIBLE CHEVROLET EXPRESS OR GMC SAVANA
- Method of application/incentive code/ final date for submission of applications and resolution of rejects
THIS PROGRAM IS ADMINISTERED BY:
- GM MOBILITY PROGRAM HEADQUARTERS
P.O. BOX 5053
TROY, MI 48007
HOURS: MONDAY - FRIDAY
8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST/EDT
- APPLICATIONS ARE MODEL YEAR SPECIFIC. A NEW APPLICATION (DWD ITEM# 10CRDMOBREM01) IS REQUIRED FOR REIMBURSEMENT REQUESTS ON VEHICLES DELIVERED BETWEEN 10/1/10 AND 9/30/11.
- NEW AND PAST MODEL APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO ORDER FROM THE GM GLOBALCONNECT DWD STORE OR DOWNLOAD FROM GMMOBILITY.COM. PLEASE NOTE THAT RECEIVING AND/OR UBMITTING AN APPLICATION DOES NOT IMPLY GUARANTEE OF REIMBURSEMENT.
- THE APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED, SIGNED* AND MAILED TO THE PROGRAM HEADQUARTERS WITH THE FOLLOWING: ORIGINAL ITEMIZED, PAID INVOICE FROM THE ADAPTIVE EQUIPMENT INSTALLER, INCLUDING THE INSTALLER'S PREPRINTED NAME, ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER, DATE OF ADAPTATION(S), THE CUSTOMER'S NAME, ADDRESS, VIN, DESCRIPTION OF ADAPTATION(S), DETAILED COST OF PARTS, DETAILED COST OF LABOR, AND ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF PAYMENT FOR THE ADAPTATION, E.G., COPY OF CREDIT CARD RECEIPT, CANCELED CHECK OR INVOICE SHOWING $0 BALANCE. COPIES OF THE INVOICE ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. PARTS AND LABOR COSTS MUST BE ITEMIZED SEPARATELY.
- LESSOR LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION (IF VEHICLE IS LEASED). CALL THE GM MOBILITY ASSISTANCE AT 1-800-323-9935 IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE IN OBTAINING A LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION FROM GMAC.
- COPY OF CUSTOMER INCENTIVE ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND/OR ASSIGNMENT FORM SIGNED BY THE ULTIMATE PURCHASER OR LESSEE AND AUTHORIZED DEALER REPRESENTATIVE (IF THE DEALER IS REQUESTING CREDIT TO THE OPEN ACCOUNT). *IF A CUSTOMER IS PHYSICALLY UNABLE TO RETURN TO THE GM SELLING DEALER, I.E., THEY ARE NOW RESIDING IN ANOTHER STATE OR HAVE
MOVED A CONSIDERABLE DISTANCE FROM THE SELLING DEALER, ANY FRANCHISED GM DEALER REPRESENTING THE BRAND BOUGHT MAY SIGN THE APPLICATION. APPLICATIONS THAT ARE INCOMPLETE OR MISSING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION WILL BE RETURNED.
- AFTER THE APPLICATION IS RECEIVED AT PROGRAM HEADQUARTERS, AND PROVIDED ALL EQUIREMENTS ARE MET, THE CUSTOMER SHOULD RECEIVE A CHECK ON AN ELIGIBLE VEHICLE IN APPROXIMATELY TEN TO FIFTEEN BUSINESS DAYS.
- FINAL DATES FOR VEHICLE CONVERSIONS, SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS AND RESOLUTION OF ALL REJECTS: TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE GM MOBILITY REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM, THE
VEHICLE MUST BE ADAPTED AND A CLAIM SUBMITTED WITHIN SIX (6) MONTHS OF THE DATE OF PURCHASE/LEASE.
- GM MOBILITY PROGRAM HEADQUARTERS
- Method of payment
- EFT OPEN ACCOUNT OR CHECK TO CUSTOMER
- INCENTIVE CODES: MOB/MOC